Nick Celebrates Halloween With “Shriek Week”
NICKELODEON CELEBRATES HALLOWEEN WITH “SHRIEK WEEK”
FEATURING ALL-NEW PREMIERES OF HIT SERIES
AND ONLINE TREATS, BEGINNING FRIDAY, OCT. 23
NEW YORK, Oct. 12, 2009 – Nickelodeon will have kids from tots to tweens on the edge of their seats with Halloween marathons of hit series and new chill-filled episodes of their favorite shows, beginning Friday, Oct. 23 through Saturday, Oct. 31. Additionally, Nickelodeon’s websites, Nick.com, NickJr.com, Neopets, Shockwave and Parents Connect will feature new Halloween-themed online content and games in the spirit of the haunted holiday.
Nickelodeon’s “Shriek Week” programming kicks off on Friday, Oct. 23, at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT), with spooky premieres of SpongeBob SquarePants, The Penguins of Madagascar and The Troop. On Saturday, Oct. 24, the network will premiere new half-hour Halloween specials of Back at the Barnyard at 10:30 a.m. and The Mighty B! at 11:00 a.m., and will cap off the night at 8:30 p.m. with a new fright-filled episode of True Jackson, VP. All week long, Nickelodeon will encore the themed episodes and will also air a day-long marathon on Halloween.
Nickelodeon will treat preschoolers to a “Haunted Halloween Playdate” on Monday, Oct. 26, with a brand-new premieres of The Backyardigans at 8:30 a.m. and The Wonder Pets! at 10:30 a.m. (ET/PT). In addition, preschoolers can get ready for Halloween on Nick Jr. (Formerly NOGGIN), as the 24-hour commercial-free, educational preschool network airs “Fall into Autumn,” a 24-hour programming marathon of preschool favorites, filled with pumpkins, ghosts, and haunted houses on Sunday, Oct. 25, beginning at 6:00 a.m. (ET). The marathon will repeat on Halloween.
On Monday, Oct. 26, Nick at Nite will kick off a night of Halloween-themed programming with a brand-new Glenn Martin, DDS at 8:00 p.m.
Nicktoons, the 24-hour animation network, celebrates with “Ha Ha Halloween”from Monday, Oct. 26 through Friday, Oct. 30, treating kids to a daily dose of double-trouble with back-to-back episodes of Back at the Barnyard at 9:00 p.m. (ET) and an hour of The Penguins of Madagascar at 10:00 p.m. (ET). On Halloween, Nicktoons will air episodes all day filled with spooky humor from 6:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. (ET).
TeenNick’s (Formerly The N) “Now THAT’s Scary” programming will include marathons featuring the hair-raising chills and thrills of teendom from Monday, Oct. 26 to Thursday, Oct. 29, starting at 8:00 p.m. (ET) and continues Friday, Oct. 30 and Saturday, Oct. 31 with afternoon marathons starting at 3 p.m. (ET). The “nightmare-athons” will feature episodes of Degrassi: The Next Generation, Full House, What I Like About You, One on One and Sabrina, The Teenage Witch.
Kids can log-on to Nick.com’s “Shriektober” mini-site www.nick.com/shriek featuring Halloween-themed games, sneak peeks and videos. The site will also introduce two new games, “SpongeBob SquarePants: Halloween Horror, FrankenBob’s Quest” on Oct. 19, followed by “SpongeBob SquarePants: Halloween Horror, FrankenBob’s Quest Part 2” on Oct. 26. In both games, Bikini Bottom undergoes an eerie transformation and gamers must help FrankenBob find a way to restore the town before before the clock strikes midnight. Players will have to survive the horrors of the evil Bikini Bottom and its army of spooky doppelgangers, fight enemies with a creepy and monstrous arsenal, and complete seven ghastly levels filled with obstacles such as destructible floors and walls, haunted pirate galleons, and comatose whales. In addition, this month, kids can also participate in the “Fiend Creator,” based on Nicktoons’ series Making Fiends, where kids can build their own custom fiends.
Nickelodeon’s award-winning website NickJr.com will feature dozens of Halloween-themed games, kids activities, kids coloring pages, crafts, recipies for preschoolers and their parents to celebrate Halloween. On the site, preschoolers can dress up their favorite characters The Backyardigans, Dora, and Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!’s Walden in spooky and silly costumes. In addition, parents can get step-by-step instructions for making Halloween costumes, face painting, and pumpkin carving templates of preschool favorites Dora, Diego, The Backyardigans, Blue, Swiper, Wubbzy, and more.
Nickelodeon’s Neopets, the world’s leading youth community and online virtual world, treats kids this Halloween with online spooks and thrills. Through Oct. 31, fans can visit Edna’s Spooky Surprise where each day Neopia’s resident witch Edna will offer a choice of cauldrons of candy where players will earn a surprise trick or treat and play Halloween themed games like the popular Mutant Graveyard of Doom II. Neopets multiplayer online game, Key Quest features a popular Spoo-Key theme with new Halloween prizes. In addition, on Halloween day, visitors to Neopia can search the virtual world for hidden tricks and treats. All month long, the NC Mall’s Halloween shop will feature a variety of Halloween-themed content on the site and for sale including ghoulish items to customize your Neopet and spooky costumes.
Shockwave the original casual gaming destination, will feature a Halloween destination featuring online and new downloadable Halloween-themed Games, and fright-filled versions of Shockwave classics include Inklink and Jigsaws.
Parents can also gear up for Halloween with ParentsConnect’s Spooktacular Halloween Countdown, all month the site will feature giveaways, creative tips, themed recipes and top costume ideas for kids of all ages.
Following is a full rundown of Nickelodeon’s extensive Halloween line-up:
Friday, Oct. 23
8:00 p.m. – SpongeBob SquarePants “Curse of Bikini Bottom”
o When SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally anger the Flying Dutchman, the ghost curses them – and turns them into ghosts.
8:15 p.m. – The Penguins of Madagascar “I was a Penguin Zombie”
• A botched mission lands Skipper in the ER with a broken flipper. When the bandaged and drugged Skipper escapes the hospital before he’s cured, his odd behavior leads the rest of the team to believe that he’s turned zombie. Skipper needs to prove to the team that he is not one of the undead before they resort to painful and dangerous zombie-stopping tactics.
8:30 p.m. – The Troop “The Great Punkin”
• On Halloween night, The Troop has to capture the monsters after the security system breaks down and the monsters escape. Stockley, the do-it-yourselfer, goes off for parts to fix the grid and finds himself terrified by a ghost story.
Saturday, Oct. 24
10:30 a.m. – Back at the Barnyard “Halloween Special” (Half-hour Special)
• In a bid to collect the most Halloween candy and win a prize, Otis tops off the animals’ trick-or-treat candy with a handful of candy from a hallowed-out tree, that legend says belongs to masked psycho Hockey Mask Bob. As the animals enjoy their Halloween spoils back at the barn, the real Hockey Mask Bob shows up and starts kidnapping them one by one! Otis is left alone to face-off against the masked psycho.
11:00 a.m. – The Mighty B! “Catatonic” (Half-hour Special)
• When a disappointed Bessie has to dress up as a cat, instead of a pirate, for Halloween, she ends up getting into character way more than she expects. Meanwhile, Happy can barely restrain himself from attacking her.
8:30 p.m. – True Jackson, VP “The Dance”
• When Ryan films a spooky movie with Jimmy in the hallways of Mad Style after hours, Oscar warns them about the ghost of Mad Style, an old receptionist who died 50 years ago who walks the halls at night and haunts the staff. Meanwhile, True and Amanda are charge of a photo shoot and can’t agree on who to cast as the model. And when Lulu’s boyfriend does not invite her to the Back to School dance, she suspects he is interested in someone else.
Monday, Oct. 26
8:30 a.m. – The Backyardigans “The Funnyman Boogeyman”
• Austin might look like the scariest boogieman around but he’s actually the funniest. Over the years, he has sharpened his hilarious routines and gags and all he needs now is an audience. So when two Spooky Hunters (Uniqua and Pablo), stop by his haunted house – Austin is ready to be discovered. What happens next is a madcap chase of near misses and plenty of silly jokes. Will Spooky Hunters Uniqua and Pablo get the boogieman they came for? And will Austin finally get the audience he’s been dreaming of? Musical Genre: Martinique Beguine
10:30 a.m. – The Wonder Pets! “Save the Bat!”
• The Wonder Pets travel to Transylvania to help a Baby Bat who is afraid of the dark.
Nick at Nite:
8:00 p.m. – Glenn Martin, DDS “Halloween Hangover”
• Jackie wants the kids to have the best Halloween ever, so she goes overboard decorating their RV and competes with the over-the-top decorations on the trailer next door. But the night is threatened when Glenn eats candy for the first time and immediately develops a sugar addiction. Meanwhile, Courtney is feeling threatened when she learns that Wendy has a crush on Conor.
Nickelodeon, now in its 30th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books, magazines and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 99 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 15 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).