» Destroy Build Destroy


  • Springboarding off its 2010 ratings growth across key kids and boys demos, in which series/specials Adventure Time, Dude, What Would Happen, Generator Rex and Hall of Game helped propel the network to new heights, Cartoon Network described its plans for building new global franchises today as it unveiled a broad slate of new content for 2011 at its annual Advertising Upfront presentation. Thirteen new animated series, 19 returning shows, and the network’s newest live-action scripted comedy series, Level Up, which will launch with a 90-minute original movie, will debut over the next year. The morning’s announcements also spotlighted a new partnership between Warner Bros., DC Entertainment and Cartoon Network in which the three entertainment brands would unite their powerful assets in publishing, theatrical and television to create a multi-platform block of exclusive branded original content on the network named, DC Nation.

    Cartoon Network Upfront 2011

    Springboarding off its 2010 ratings growth across key kids and boys demos, in which series/specials Adventure Time, Dude, What Would Happen, Generator Rex and Hall of Game helped propel the network to new heights, Cartoon Network described its plans for building new global franchises today as it unveiled a broad slate of new content for 2011 at its annual Advertising Upfront presentation. Thirteen new animated series, 19 returning shows, and the network’s newest live-action scripted comedy series, Level Up, which will launch with a 90-minute original movie, will debut over the next year. The morning’s announcements also spotlighted a new partnership between Warner Bros., DC Entertainment and Cartoon Network in which the three entertainment brands would unite their powerful assets in publishing, theatrical and television to create a multi-platform block of exclusive branded original content on the network named, DC Nation.

    Continue Reading...

  • Cartoon Network is ordering additional episodes of their hilarious new game show, Hole in the Wall and hit live-action series Dude, What Would Happen along with a third season of Destroy Build Destroy. Since their Fall 2010 season premieres (Oct. 6, 2010), Dude, What Would Happen (8:00 p.m. ET, PT) and Destroy Build Destroy (8:30 p.m. ET, PT) are the #1 programs in their timeslots with boys 2-11, boys 6-11 and boys 9-14 according to Nielsen Media Research*. Since its series premiere, Hole in the Wall (7:30 p.m. ET, PT) is the #1 program in its timeslot with boys 6-11 and boys 9-14. Overall, Wednesday nights on Cartoon Network has seen double-digit delivery growth versus last year with kids and boys 6-11 and 9-14.

    Cartoon Network Renews Live-Action Alternative Series

    Cartoon Network is ordering additional episodes of their hilarious new game show, Hole in the Wall and hit live-action series Dude, What Would Happen along with a third season of Destroy Build Destroy. Since their Fall 2010 season premieres (Oct. 6, 2010), Dude, What Would Happen (8:00 p.m. ET, PT) and Destroy Build Destroy (8:30 p.m. ET, PT) are the #1 programs in their timeslots with boys 2-11, boys 6-11 and boys 9-14 according to Nielsen Media Research*. Since its series premiere, Hole in the Wall (7:30 p.m. ET, PT) is the #1 program in its timeslot with boys 6-11 and boys 9-14. Overall, Wednesday nights on Cartoon Network has seen double-digit delivery growth versus last year with kids and boys 6-11 and 9-14.

    Continue Reading...

  • Cartoon Network’s January 2011 performance out-paced its December 2010 performance across all kids demos in early evening prime time: average kids 6-11 delivery (515,000) and kids 2-11 delivery (782,000) both increased by 1%, while average kids 9-14 delivery (374,000) increased by 4%.  Ratings across the board remained unchanged.  The network’s total day performance also saw month over month gains, with average kids 6-11 delivery (328,000) gains of 3%, kids 2-11 delivery (514,000) gains of 1% and kids 9-14 delivery (240,000) gains of9%.  Total day ratings for kids 6-11 and kids 2-11 remained unchanged, while kids 9-14 ratings (1.0) grew by 11%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for January 2011

    Cartoon Network’s January 2011 performance out-paced its December 2010 performance across all kids demos in early evening prime time: average kids 6-11 delivery (515,000) and kids 2-11 delivery (782,000) both increased by 1%, while average kids 9-14 delivery (374,000) increased by 4%. Ratings across the board remained unchanged. The network’s total day performance also saw month over month gains, with average kids 6-11 delivery (328,000) gains of 3%, kids 2-11 delivery (514,000) gains of 1% and kids 9-14 delivery (240,000) gains of9%. Total day ratings for kids 6-11 and kids 2-11 remained unchanged, while kids 9-14 ratings (1.0) grew by 11%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Last week, Cartoon Network achieved the #1 destination on  all television among Boys 9-14 on Friday night (7-9 p.m.), which charted  double-digit growth among kids and boys 9-14 versus the same time period last  year.  The animated action-adventure block earned 29% delivery  gains among kids 9-14 (468,000) and 27% ratings gains (1.9).   Across the block, boys 9-14 delivery (391,000) surged by 44% and  ratings (3.1) by 41%, while boys 6-11 delivery (464,000) grew by 4% and  ratings (3.7) by 6%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for January 17 – 23, 2011

    Last week, Cartoon Network achieved the #1 destination on all television among Boys 9-14 on Friday night (7-9 p.m.), which charted double-digit growth among kids and boys 9-14 versus the same time period last year. The animated action-adventure block earned 29% delivery gains among kids 9-14 (468,000) and 27% ratings gains (1.9). Across the block, boys 9-14 delivery (391,000) surged by 44% and ratings (3.1) by 41%, while boys 6-11 delivery (464,000) grew by 4% and ratings (3.7) by 6%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Across the third week of January 2011, Cartoon Network’s early evening Prime (7-9 p.m.) and Total Day delivery and ratings earned respectable gains across most kids demos vs. the same time period last year—average Prime kids 2-11 delivery (817,000) grew by 1% and ratings (2.0) were unchanged, while kids 9-14 delivery (397,000) grew by 11% and ratings (1.6) by 7%. In Total Day, kids 6-11 delivery (338,000) grew by 10% and ratings (1.4) by 17%, kids 2-11 delivery (524,000) grew by 3% and ratings (1.3) by 8%, and kids 9-14 delivery (248,000) grew by 18% and ratings (1.0) by 11%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for January 10 – 16, 2011

    Across the third week of January 2011, Cartoon Network’s early evening Prime (7-9 p.m.) and Total Day delivery and ratings earned respectable gains across most kids demos vs. the same time period last year—average Prime kids 2-11 delivery (817,000) grew by 1% and ratings (2.0) were unchanged, while kids 9-14 delivery (397,000) grew by 11% and ratings (1.6) by 7%. In Total Day, kids 6-11 delivery (338,000) grew by 10% and ratings (1.4) by 17%, kids 2-11 delivery (524,000) grew by 3% and ratings (1.3) by 8%, and kids 9-14 delivery (248,000) grew by 18% and ratings (1.0) by 11%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Across the first week of January 2011, Cartoon Network’s early evening (7-9 p.m.) delivery and ratings increased across its targeted kids 6-11 and 2-11 demos vs. the same time period last year—average kids 6-11 delivery (516,000) grew by 6% and ratings (2.1) by 5%, and kids 2-11 delivery (771,000) grew by 3% and ratings (1.9) by 6%.  Versus the previous four weeks, the network charted solid gains as well: kidss 6-11 delivery grew by 8% and ratings by 11%, kids 2-11 delivery grew by 5% and ratings by 6%, and kids 9-14 delivery (363,000) grew by 6% and ratings (1.5) by 7%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for January 3 – 9, 2011

    Across the first week of January 2011, Cartoon Network’s early evening (7-9 p.m.) delivery and ratings increased across its targeted kids 6-11 and 2-11 demos vs. the same time period last year—average kids 6-11 delivery (516,000) grew by 6% and ratings (2.1) by 5%, and kids 2-11 delivery (771,000) grew by 3% and ratings (1.9) by 6%. Versus the previous four weeks, the network charted solid gains as well: kidss 6-11 delivery grew by 8% and ratings by 11%, kids 2-11 delivery grew by 5% and ratings by 6%, and kids 9-14 delivery (363,000) grew by 6% and ratings (1.5) by 7%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Charting solid gains with its first telecast of 2011, the Annie Award-nominated ADVENTURE TIME (Monday, 8 p.m.) earned respectable gains vs. the previous 2010 time period—kids 6-11 delivery (538,000) increased by 1%, kids 2-11 delivery (799,000) increased by 8%, and kids 9-14 delivery (372,000) increased by 4%. Similarly strong, boys 6-11 delivery (386,000) improved by 5%, boys 2-11 delivery (536,000) improved by 6% and boys 9-14 delivery (267,000) improved by 29%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for December 27, 2010 – January 2, 2011

    Charting solid gains with its first telecast of 2011, the Annie Award-nominated ADVENTURE TIME (Monday, 8 p.m.) earned respectable gains vs. the previous 2010 time period—kids 6-11 delivery (538,000) increased by 1%, kids 2-11 delivery (799,000) increased by 8%, and kids 9-14 delivery (372,000) increased by 4%. Similarly strong, boys 6-11 delivery (386,000) improved by 5%, boys 2-11 delivery (536,000) improved by 6% and boys 9-14 delivery (267,000) improved by 29%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Comparing 4th Quarter 2010 to its 4th Quarter 2009 performance, Cartoon Network’s prime time delivery and ratings increased across all kid demos—average kids 6-11 delivery (530,000) grew by 6% and ratings (2.1) by 5%, kids 2-11 delivery (770,000) grew by 4% and ratings (1.9) by 6%, and kids 9-14 delivery (403,000) grew by 4% and ratings (1.7) by 6%.  The network’s quarterly performance with boys also charted gains vs. last year: boys 6-11 delivery (404,000) grew by 13% and ratings (3.2) by 14%, boys 2-11 delivery (547,000) grew by 9% and ratings (2.6) by 8%, and boys 9-14 delivery (304,000) grew by 8% and ratings (2.4) by 4%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for 4th Quarter 2010

    Comparing 4th Quarter 2010 to its 4th Quarter 2009 performance, Cartoon Network’s prime time delivery and ratings increased across all kid demos—average kids 6-11 delivery (530,000) grew by 6% and ratings (2.1) by 5%, kids 2-11 delivery (770,000) grew by 4% and ratings (1.9) by 6%, and kids 9-14 delivery (403,000) grew by 4% and ratings (1.7) by 6%. The network’s quarterly performance with boys also charted gains vs. last year: boys 6-11 delivery (404,000) grew by 13% and ratings (3.2) by 14%, boys 2-11 delivery (547,000) grew by 9% and ratings (2.6) by 8%, and boys 9-14 delivery (304,000) grew by 8% and ratings (2.4) by 4%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Cartoon Network’s prime time performance over the week increased across all kid demos compared to the same 2009 time period—average kids 6-11 delivery (535,000) grew by 11% and ratings (2.2) by 10%, kids 2-11 delivery (775,000) grew by 15% and ratings (1.9) by 19%, and kids 9-14 delivery (407,000) grew by 3%and ratings (1.7) by 6%.  Total Day kids 2-11 delivery (481,000) and ratings (1.2) also increased by 3% and 9%, respectively.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for November 29 – December 5, 2010

    Cartoon Network’s prime time performance over the week increased across all kid demos compared to the same 2009 time period—average kids 6-11 delivery (535,000) grew by 11% and ratings (2.2) by 10%, kids 2-11 delivery (775,000) grew by 15% and ratings (1.9) by 19%, and kids 9-14 delivery (407,000) grew by 3%and ratings (1.7) by 6%. Total Day kids 2-11 delivery (481,000) and ratings (1.2) also increased by 3% and 9%, respectively.

    Continue Reading...

  • Cartoon Network’s prime time performance across November 2010 expanded across all kid demos compared to November 2009—average kids 6-11 delivery (545,000) grew by 7%and ratings (2.2) by 5%, kids 2-11 delivery (772,000) grew by 4% and ratings (1.9) by 6%, and kids 9-14 delivery (430,000) and ratings (1.8) both grew by 6%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for November 2010

    Cartoon Network’s prime time performance across November 2010 expanded across all kid demos compared to November 2009—average kids 6-11 delivery (545,000) grew by 7%and ratings (2.2) by 5%, kids 2-11 delivery (772,000) grew by 4% and ratings (1.9) by 6%, and kids 9-14 delivery (430,000) and ratings (1.8) both grew by 6%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Cartoon Network’s overall prime time performance last week earned solid delivery gains compared to the same 2009 time period—average kids 6-11 delivery (540,000) grew by 9% and ratings (2.2) by 10%, and kids 2-11 delivery (766,000) grew by 6% while ratings (1.8) were unchanged.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for November 15 – 21, 2010

    Cartoon Network’s overall prime time performance last week earned solid delivery gains compared to the same 2009 time period—average kids 6-11 delivery (540,000) grew by 9% and ratings (2.2) by 10%, and kids 2-11 delivery (766,000) grew by 6% while ratings (1.8) were unchanged.

    Continue Reading...

  • Cartoon Network’s overall weekly prime time performance earned across-the-board delivery gains compared to the same 2009 time period—average kids 6-11 delivery (598,000) grew by 4%, kids 2-11 delivery (867,000) grew by 1% and kids 9-14 delivery (470,000) grew by 2%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for November 8 – 14, 2010

    Cartoon Network’s overall weekly prime time performance earned across-the-board delivery gains compared to the same 2009 time period—average kids 6-11 delivery (598,000) grew by 4%, kids 2-11 delivery (867,000) grew by 1% and kids 9-14 delivery (470,000) grew by 2%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Cartoon Network’s overall weekly prime time performance saw a rise among kids 9-14 delivery and ratings—compared to the 2009 time period, average kids 9-14 delivery (381,000) grew by 2% and ratings (1.6) grew by 7%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for November 1 – 7, 2010

    Cartoon Network’s overall weekly prime time performance saw a rise among kids 9-14 delivery and ratings—compared to the 2009 time period, average kids 9-14 delivery (381,000) grew by 2% and ratings (1.6) grew by 7%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Cartoon Network’s Monday night block of comedy animation (7-10 p.m.) continued to rank #1 among boys 6-11 demos compared to its competition, and scored significant gains vs. the same 2009 time period.  Overall, kids 6-11 average delivery (748,000) grew by 13% and ratings (3.0) by 11%; kids 2-11 delivery (1,081,000) grew by 7% and ratings (2.6) by 4%; and kids 9-14 delivery (571,000) grew by 26% and ratings (2.3) by 21%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for October 18 – 24, 2010

    Cartoon Network’s Monday night block of comedy animation (7-10 p.m.) continued to rank #1 among boys 6-11 demos compared to its competition, and scored significant gains vs. the same 2009 time period. Overall, kids 6-11 average delivery (748,000) grew by 13% and ratings (3.0) by 11%; kids 2-11 delivery (1,081,000) grew by 7% and ratings (2.6) by 4%; and kids 9-14 delivery (571,000) grew by 26% and ratings (2.3) by 21%.

    Continue Reading...

  • Buoyed by the outstanding movie premiere performance of SCOOBY-DOO! CURSE OF THE LAKE MONSTER (Saturday, 7-9 p.m.), Cartoon Network’s overall weekly prime time performance earned significant double-digit gains across all kids demos compared to last year’s time period: average kids 6-11 delivery (654,000) increased by 30% and ratings (2.6) by 24%; kids 2-11 delivery (933,000) increased by 29% and ratings (2.2) by 22%; and kids 9-14 delivery (474,000) and ratings (1.9) both increased by 19%.

    Cartoon Network Ratings Highlights for October 11 – 17, 2010

    Buoyed by the outstanding movie premiere performance of SCOOBY-DOO! CURSE OF THE LAKE MONSTER (Saturday, 7-9 p.m.), Cartoon Network’s overall weekly prime time performance earned significant double-digit gains across all kids demos compared to last year’s time period: average kids 6-11 delivery (654,000) increased by 30% and ratings (2.6) by 24%; kids 2-11 delivery (933,000) increased by 29% and ratings (2.2) by 22%; and kids 9-14 delivery (474,000) and ratings (1.9) both increased by 19%.

    Continue Reading...