Nickandmore! has covered kids television in the United States since November 4, 2006. From Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network to Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+, Nickandmore!'s goal has been to provide news, schedules, ratings, opinion and insight into kids television and how it continues to change. Read more about Nickandmore!.
Latest Kids TV Headlines
Here are the latest and most notable kids TV headlines, as of November 16, 2019:
- Nickelodeon and Netflix have announced "a new, multi-year output deal to produce original animated feature films and television series - based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as all-new IP".
- Disney+, the new subscription streaming services from The Walt Disney Company, has launched in the U.S. and Canada, featuring hundreds of movies and TV series.
- Nickelodeon's programming has returned to Netflix in the United States! For the first time since 2013, you can find Nick's shows and movies on the most popular streaming service. Current series include VICTORiOUS, Bella and the Bulldogs and Sam & Cat. TV movies include Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Jinxed, Big Time Movie, A Fairly Odd Summer, The Boy Who Cried Werewolf and more.
- Cartoon Network's original programming will join the new subscription streaming service from WarnerMedia, HBO Max, when it launches in May 2020. Cartoon Network's new series Tig n' Seek and The Fungies! will be exclusive to the service. Four new hour-long specials based on Adventure Time are also headed for HBO Max.
- Discovery Family channel is adding reruns of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures to its line-up starting Saturday, November 16 at 10a (ET). Also joining the network in December are Netflix series Kong: King of the Apes on December 6 and Tarzan and Jane on December 13. Both of those will air in movie-style formats.
Follow @nickandmore on Twitter for current news items, website updates, kids TV history fun-facts and more!
Kids TV History Updates
Find out what's new and what has been updated at the Kids TV History section:
- NEW! A list of series aired on Toon Disney and Jetix as been added.
- NEW! The list of every series aired on Disney XD has returned. Removed is the "last aired" section, as it requires constant updating, which is too overwhelming at the moment.
- A list of Cartoon Network series premieres dates has been added to the archive. New information will continue to be added as its found. Please help out if you can!
- The list of every series aired on Nickelodeon continues to be constantly updated with new information. New "notes" have been added throughout as well.