Nick and More is here to cover kids and family television. We’ve been doing it since November 2006. First as a message board for three years and then at this website since 2009.
Here are three very important things to know about Nick and More:
1. Nick and More is NOT associated with Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network or any other network discussed. This has been a common source of confusion over the years, but no, we are not related to anything official.
2. No advertisements and no profit! Nick and More is not here to make money. It is for fun and is maintained at the owner’s personal expense and enjoyment. We will never attempt to “clickbait” you here, and even if you would consider something as such, no money is being made from it. Likewise, no profit is being made from any of Nick and More’s other social websites (YouTube, Twitter, etc.).
3. This website may be considered a “fan site” by some. And while that is okay, Nick and More has provided official and exclusive content – as well as opinions and reviews. So while we are fans, we don’t run it simply from a “fan” point of view.
To learn more about our history, keep reading…
The Nick and More Timeline
(Just a few of our many, many logos!)
- Nick and More launched on Saturday, November 4, 2006 at 12:08 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Our original location was at ProBoards message boards (http://nickschedules.proboards52.com). While the forums are still there today, they are closed for public viewing.
- Nick Schedules was the original name and served as a way of collecting the site owner, Bryan’s, growing TV schedule archive for Nickelodeon. With the help of a few forum members, the collection of TV schedules grew to other networks like Disney Channel and Cartoon Network, thus the change of the name to Nick & More by December 2006.
- Through our ProBoards forum, news, TV schedules, episode list and other fun things were discussed and collected all the way through November 2009.
- While having the “Nick” and “More” words in our name since December 2006, it has been written several different ways, including: Nick and More! (started December 30, 2008), nickandmore (started September 7, 2011), NICK AND MORE (started June 30, 2013), NICK and MORE (started January 6, 2014), NICKandMORE (started March 2014), Nick & More! (started April 2015) and NICK&MORE (started September 13, 2015). It has been written as Nick and More since March 2, 2016.
- Between 2007 and 2009, we had several different attempts at blogs and websites through Blogger, Freewebs/Webs, Google Sites and WikiSpaces. None of them lasted very long.
- The domain name nickandmore.com was purchased on March 20, 2009. Early content launched on the website in May. WordPress.org software was installed and blog-style posts started in September.
- We joined social media via Twitter starting on March 30, 2009 (the account was created January 18, 2009). We joined Facebook on March 24, 2010, Tumblr in June 2011 and Instagram on January 16, 2016.
- Our ProBoards forums were closed on November 14, 2009. vBulletin forum software was used on nickandmore.com through February 2010. There have been no forums since then.
- On February 21, 2010 we were honored to join toonzone.net as a hosted site. Bryan was already a moderator at the toonzone forums’ Nicktoons board so our own forums were closed out of respect. nickandmore.com remained a hosted site of toonzone through 2015.
- On March 7, 2015 the nickandmore.com website was shutdown due to a growing lack of interest from the site owner, Bryan, and various other factors. The website remained offline through much of the year.
- We returned on January 30, 2016. However, with expiring website hosting that June, the website once again went dark. We deleted our social media accounts (including our Twitter, which had almost 13,000 followers) by the end of July 2016.
- Once again, we return anew on September 30, 2016 with a fresh (0 followers) Twitter account. Our site returned as well, though hosted for free through Tumblr with minimal content.
- Nick and More celebrated 10 years online on November 4, 2016.
- In February 2017, a new website hosting package was purchased and much of our old content as well as new content returned to nickandmore.com.
And special thanks to…
I also want to give a special shout-out to the following people for their various contributions, inspiration and/or friendship over the last decade:
Allyson, Andrew T. Hingson, Burgundy Ranger, chdr, Curtis, Don Del Grande, dukechic24, James Harvey, Jamie Henry, Jared Simmons, Josh, Joshua Bailey, Ed Liu, Eileen Cruz, Jamaal, Derek (jarjar23), Kyle Luna, Matt Cartelli, Neo Yi, nickstudiosfan, Pavan Badal, Richard Smith, Ryan Duffy, Ryan W. Mead, simpsonsfan, Stephen Strong, Steve Mindykowski, Tor Y. Harbin, TVShowsFan and wildjustice037.
– Bryan, Nick and More’s Owner and Admin.