via Disney Channel press release:
DISNEY CHANNEL’S INTERGALACTIC ANIMATED COMEDY SERIES
“WANDER OVER YONDER” FROM EMMY AWARD-WINNING PRODUCER CRAIG MCCRACKEN PREMIERES FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13
— Series Stars Jack McBrayer as Wander, Guest Stars James Marsden,
Aziz Ansari and Edie McClurg —
— First-Look Following “Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel”
Premiere August 16 —
Get ready to take off across the galaxy in Disney Channel’s new animated adventure comedy series “Wander Over Yonder,” created and executive-produced by two-time Emmy Award-winning animator Craig McCracken (“Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends,” “The Powerpuff Girls”). The new comedy follows best friends, eternally-optimistic intergalactic traveler and constant do-gooder Wander and his quick-tempered but loyal steed Sylvia. Together, they travel through the cosmos happening upon one freewheeling adventure after another, making new friends (and foes) all while battling numerous forces of evil, including the infamous Lord Hater and his army of Watchdogs. A first-look telecast of the new comedy will air Friday, August 16 (9:00 p.m., ET/PT), immediately following the premiere of “Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel” (8:00 p.m. ET/PT). The series will premiere Friday, September 13 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
“Wander Over Yonder” voice cast stars Jack McBrayer (“30 Rock,” “Wreck-It Ralph,” “Phineas and Ferb”) as free-spirited Wander, April Winchell (“Mickey Mouse Clubhouse”) as Wander’s true-blue stallion and best friend Sylvia, Tom Kenny (“SpongeBob SquarePants”) as Commander Peepers, the leader of the Watchdog Army, and Keith Ferguson (“Gravity Falls,” “Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends”) as evil villain Lord Hater. Series guest stars include James Marsden (“X-Men”), Aziz Ansari (“Parks and Recreation”) and Edie McClurg (“Wreck-It Ralph”).
Click here for a featurette about the show with Jack McBrayer and April Winchell.
The multi-platform schedule is as follows:
Friday, August 16
- First-look telecast of “Wander Over Yonder” follows the premiere of “Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel” (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. In the episode, “The Picnic,” Wander discovers the perfect spot for his celestial picnic — right next to Lord Hater’s epic battlefield, consequently making it extremely difficult for Hater to focus on his battle against arch enemy Emperor Awesome for ultimate cosmic power.
Saturday, August 17
- “Wander Over Yonder” first-look telecast available for verified WATCH Disney Channel users as a bonus feature following the “Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel” episode on WATCHDisneyChannel.com and the official WATCH Disney Channel app for smart phones and tablets.
Friday, August 30
- “Wander Over Yonder” season premiere episodes, “The Greatest” and “The Egg,” will be available on iTunes as a Free Preview in advance of the series’ September 13 premiere on Disney Channel.
Friday, September 6
- Verified WATCH Disney Channel users will be treated to an advance preview of the season premiere episodes, “The Greatest” and “The Egg,” on WATCHDisneyChannel.com and the WATCH Disney Channel app.
Friday, September 13
- “Wander Over Yonder” season premiere featuring “The Greatest” and “The Egg” (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. In “The Greatest,” Lord Hater sets out to control and win everything in the universe, including conquering The Binglebops and their planet, but his plans are soon diverted when he finds himself accepting Wander’s series of challenges to prove once and for all that he truly is the greatest in the entire galaxy.
- In “The Egg,” Wander and Sylvia try to soften the heart of a ferocious flying dragon by reuniting it with its lost egg, but it’s Sylvia who ends up needing a lesson or two on being gentle and nurturing.
Beginning Friday, August 23, kids and families can visit Disneychannel.com/Wander and play intergalactic games including the side-scrolling platformer game “Galactic Rescue,” which allows players to control Wander and Sylvia as they race through the galaxies to save a planet trapped by Lord Hater. The site will also feature a Planetoid Remote Control challenge, shareable animated photo album, videos, and a postcard creator.
“Wander Over Yonder” is executive produced by series creator Craig McCracken. Lauren Faust (“Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends,” “My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic”) is co-producer and story editor. The series is produced by Disney Television Animation.
Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in over 99 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney/ABC Television Group.