The Hub will premiere their newest animated series Dan Vs. on Saturday, January 1, 2011 with back-to-back episodes at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT. This is a change from the original timeslot announced back in November (which was 7 p.m. ET).
December 2010, Page 2 Archive
Nickelodeon has picked up the new multi-camera comedy series Bucket & Skinner’s Epic Adventures to add to its full slate of brand-new programming coming in 1Q 2011, it was announced today by Marjorie Cohn, President, Original Programming and Development, Nickelodeon. A multi-camera buddy comedy about two best friends on a never-ending quest for awesomeness, Bucket & Skinner’s Epic Adventures is from executive producer Tom Lynch (The Troop, South of Nowhere), creators/executive producers Boyce Bugliari and Jamie McLaughlin (Quintuplets, Kid Notorious) and executive producer Jonathan Stark (According to Jim) under The Tom Lynch Company banner. The series begins production this month in Los Angeles for a February 2011 premiere in the U.S. and globally on Nick channels around the world.
Driven by ratings juggernauts iCarly and SpongeBob SquarePants, Nickelodeon will finish 2010 in first place among all basic cable networks in total day–for the 16th straight year–among total viewers (P2+) and all kid demos, for the year to date (12/28/09-12/12/10) according to Nielsen Media Research. Nickelodeon also closes the year averaging 2.3 million viewers P2+ and a 3.5/1.2 million K2-11, 3.1/680,000 K6-11, 2.3/498,000 T9-14, besting the closest competitor by double-digits with all key kid demos and total viewers.
Airing the week’s Top 5 TV telecasts and 8 of the Top 10 overall, Disney Channel stood as TV’s No. 1 network in Total Day among Tweens 9-14 (492,000/2.0 rating), topping runner-up Nickelodeon by a solid 9% (450,000/1.8 rating).
Monday night’s line-up (8-10 p.m.) of animated comedies ranked as the evening’s #1 television destination for boys 2-11 and boys 6-11. Compared to the 2009 time period, average boys 6-11 delivery (373,000) increased by 9% and ratings (2.9) by 7%, kids 9-14 delivery (405,000) increased by 4% and ratings (1.7) by 6%, and boys 9-14 delivery (318,000) increased by 29% and ratings (2.6) by 30%.
Corus Entertainment’s kids networks usher in 2011 with six new series and a brand new programming block Big Fun Movies on YTV. Highlights include: Pound Puppies featuring the voice of Betty White and the Canadian original production Almost Naked Animals on YTV; and two exclusive Canadian premieres on Nick including T.U.F.F. Puppy starring Jerry Trainor (iCarly). Treehouse reclaims everyone’s favourite ponies with the series premiere of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and The Adventures of Chuck and Friends based on the famous Tonka toy.
The Hub, a television network for children and their families, has formed an independent advisory board comprised of leading professionals with prominence in a broad range of specialized fields related to child development, education and family media. Announcement of the advisory board was made by Margaret Loesch, President and CEO of The Hub.
Deadline.com reports that Disney Channel has renewed Fish Hooks for a second season. They have also picked up Disney Television Animation’s Gravity Falls for a spring 2012 premiere.
Delivering the week’s No. 1 TV telecast with “Shake It Up” and 5 of the Top 6 overall, Disney Channel stood as TV’s No. 1 network in Total Day among Tweens 9-14 (495,000/2.0 rating), topping runner-up Nickelodeon by a solid 16% (426,000/1.7 rating).
Cartoon Network’s prime time performance over the week increased across all kid demos compared to the same 2009 time period—average kids 6-11 delivery (535,000) grew by 11% and ratings (2.2) by 10%, kids 2-11 delivery (775,000) grew by 15% and ratings (1.9) by 19%, and kids 9-14 delivery (407,000) grew by 3%and ratings (1.7) by 6%. Total Day kids 2-11 delivery (481,000) and ratings (1.2) also increased by 3% and 9%, respectively.