“Pink Panther and Pals” Is Now On Boomerang
via Boomerang press release:
Pink Panther Returns in Hilarious, Half-Hour Series on Boomerang
Television’s Favorite Panther Is Back as a Tricky Teen Every Weekday Starting Monday, July 19 at 7 a.m.
One of America’s most beloved cartoon characters is slinking his way back to television screens this July. MGM’s Pink Panther and Pals, an adaptation of the popular original The Pink Panther series, premieres Monday, July 19 at 7 a.m., playing weekdays on Boomerang, the commercial-free home of classic animation. A forever sly and now teenaged Pink Panther is up to his old tricks again, continuing in hilarious new adventures with buddies, from Ant & the Aardvark to town bully, Big Nose. Each show contains three episodes and features the silent panther’s outrageous antics that include playing in a band, going to an arcade and mastering the art of pizza delivery.
The first Pink Panther cartoon short debuted in 1964-a treasured time when theatrical cartoons often were screened prior to the movie presentation-winning over the hearts of audiences everywhere during Billy Wilder’s comedy classic, Kiss Me Stupid, at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. It featured a clever panther being pursued by an animated version of Blake Edward’s Inspector Clouseau from the live-action movie, The Pink Panther. The short was a raging success, and won the highly coveted Oscar for Best Short Subject in 1965. Pink Panther and Pals is the first adaption of the cartoon series created in more than 17 years.
“Pink Panther and Pals is the perfect way to introduce young viewers to one of animation’s most iconic characters,” said Stacy Isenhower, senior vice president of programming and scheduling for Boomerang and Cartoon Network. “This show is young and fresh while still paying homage to the original classic.”
The Pink Panther and the Pals lineup includes the following episodes:
- Monday, July 19, 7 a.m.: “Pink Up the Volume”- In the series premiere, Pink Panther wants to practice his music, much to the annoyance of a silence-seeking Big Nose.
- Tuesday, July 20, 7 a.m.: ” Pink Hi-Tops” – Pink Panther thinks he wants a pair of high-tech hi-top sneakers…until he puts them on.
- Wednesday, July 21, 7a.m.: “Pink N Putt” – Big Nose is serious about his miniature golf game and will stop at nothing to keep Pink Panther from making par.
- Thursday, July 22, 7 a.m.: “Pinxillated – When a little boy can’t win enough tickets for a prize at the video arcade, Pink Panther helps him out with his video game prowess.
- Friday, July 23, 7 a.m.: “Pink Party of One” – Maître d’ Big Nose tries to keep a hungry Pink Panther from eating at his fancy five-star restaurant.
Boomerang is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s (TBS, Inc.) 24-hour cable/satellite network offering the best in classic animated entertainment. In partnership with Cartoon Network, the service boasts 75 percent unduplicated programming and is available to cable/satellite operators and their customers in Spanish. Boomerang’s official Web site is located at http://Boomerang.CartoonNetwork.com.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 97 million U.S. homes and 166 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for kids and families. Nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.