via Cynopsis Kids 3/3/2010:
The kids upfront season began in earnest last night as Disney Channels Worldwide presented US advertisers and some press with its 2010-11 slate of programming for Disney Channel and Disney XD, the latter of which just celebrated its first anniversary. Gary Marsh, President/Entertainment and CCO, Disney Channels Worldwide showcased a bevy of new and returning series and specials for the two channels, including a look at the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie Camp Rock 2 The Final Jam, which again stars Demi Lovato and Joe, Nick and Kevin Jonas, and other members of the cast from the first movie and some new ones, slated to premiere late this summer.
- Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension – a TV movie based on the Phineas and Ferb animated series that will debut on summer 2011 on Disney XD and Disney Channel. In the movie the duo discover their pet platypus, Perry, is actually a secret agent fighting the forces of evil on a daily basis. Together the trio goes up against a super evil version of Dr. Doofenshmirtz in a parallel universe. Additionally, this summer both networks will premiere a new one-hour episode of Phineas and Ferb that features guest stars Clay Aiken and Chaka Khan.
- The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes (52 episodes) – a new Tween 9-14-targeted series produced by Marvel Animation for Disney XD and DisneyXD.com that will premiere fall 2010. The series stars Marvel heroes Iron Man, Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Giant Man and Wasp, who together form the Avengers. The series will be supported by a 20-part “micro-series” that will explore the back-story of each character and will rollout this fall followed by the series. After its US debut the series will then makes its ay around the world.
- Additional new Disney Channel Original Movie: Avalon High – based on the Meg Cabot book of the same name, is schedule for late fall 2010; Den Brother – set for summer 2010, the comedy stars Hutch Dano (Zeke and Luther) as a teen hockey star who reluctantly becomes the substitute leader of his little sister’s Bumble Bee Troup. Other movies planned for Disney Channel include the previously announced: 16 Wishes – a co-production of MarVista Entertainment and Disney Channel, debuting summer 2010 in the US and then rolling out on Disney Channels around the world; Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars – premiering Friday, March 26 at 8p. The movie is a co-production of 9 Story Entertainment and Disney Channel. Nancy Steingard and Wendy Moss-Klein serve as Executive Producers.
- New series production includes the recently announced live-action series Pair of Kings, bowing fall 2010, and Good Luck Charlie, which premieres on Disney Channel, Sunday, April 4 at 8:30p.
- Returning Disney Channel series: fourth season of Hannah Montana is set for summer 2010 and will feature a range of special guest stars as well as a special episode specially focused on military families; Sonny With A Chance launches its second season on Sunday, March 14 at 8p; season two of Jonas will bow this summer; new installments of the short-form series Jonas Brothers: Living the Dream 2 begin Sunday, March 21 at 8:55p.
- Playhouse Disney preschool programming includes: two new Handy Manny primetime specials, Handy Manny Big Race, featuring guest star NASCAR champ Dale Earnhardt Jr., premieres Saturday, March 20, 7p, followed this fall by the premiere of Handy many Big Construction Job; the new animated new series Jake and the Never Land Pirates; a third season of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse debuting in November 2010; and the 10-part Mickey Mousekersize shorts; as well as three new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse primetime specials are also set to bow in the coming year, including Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Road Rally this fall.